Bird's have been poping up as if overnight all around Oklahoma City. We're here to help you understand the takeover and maybe help you on your first ride!
Bird is an electric scooter sharing company that wants to help bigger cities reduce the number of car rides and provide cheaper transportation. The company has dropped Bird's off all over the city to make the shorter trips you need quick and the most economical.
Bird's can go at a maximum of 15 mph and require you to wear a helmet when using. You must be 18 or older to use the scooters.
Price: The cost for riding a bird is $1 to unlock and $0.15 per minute.
How to ride a Bird
1. Download the app on your phone here.
2. Choose which bird you would like to use based on the location and charge level.
3. Scan the QR code located on the handles and you will need to scan your drivers license the first time you to take a ride.
4. Give the scooter three pushes, then push down on the acceleration and you're off!
5. When you are ready to park, Bird advises you to park as close as you can to a bike rack and to not block public pathways. Once you're done with your ride, the app will tell you how much you owe.
What do you think about this new addition to Oklahoma City? Have you tried one? Let us know what you think in the comments below!